Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a courier service and the postal service? They each transport packages, documents, large parcels, and bulky items, but there is a big difference between the two. The team at SCS Delivery is going to go over what the differences are so that you know which one is best for you.
Are Courier Services and Postal Service Processed Differently?
The answer is, Yes! When you use the postal service whatever you are sending or receiving must go through the public postal service to be processed. This will take more time for your parcels to get to where they are going.
A courier service is managed by a private business. These companies can do all the same things as the postal service but quicker.
The Benefits Of A Courier Service
Many times people think that using the postal service is the only way to send and receive packages, documents/letters, and other pieces of mail because this is what has always be done. But this is not true, courier services are another great way to do these things. Some of the reasons you should think about using a courier service are:
- The customer service for courier services are great, you will have a more personal experience.
- Courier services provide extremely fast delivery that will arrive when you request it. There are many options such as same day and 1 hour STAT services to choose from when the timing is urgent.
- Very reliable for sensitive legal documents and medical specimens and supplies.
- It can be more affordable when sending large items. The postal service charges are based on the dimension and weight of the package being sent. A courier service usually goes by the distance traveled.
- Tracking for the parcels you are sending so that you can keep track from start to finish.
- Someone to bring and pick up packages to your office.
These are just a few of the reasons your business could benefit from this great service.
The Benefits of Using The Postal Service
The postal service has been around for a long time and is most of the time reliable and can be more affordable depending on timing and the package being sent. A few of the reasons to use the postal service are:
- When the delivery time is not critical.
- If tracking is not necessary for your parcel
- Sending a letter that does not have any sensitive info or package that is inexpensive.
For everyday letters and parcels that do not require a lot of care, the postal service will be the most affordable.
So Which One Should You Choose?
Both the courier service and the postal have their benefits. All comes down to what you need for your business. Do you need to send time-sensitive documents or supplies? Or are you spending lots of time going back and forth to the postal service to send and receive packages, you may really benefit from having a courier take care of this for you.
If you only need to send letters and small packages from time to time it may not benefit you to pay for a courier service.
Give Our Team At SCS Delivery A Chance
If you need someone you can rely on to take care of delivering packages and parcels to businesses and medical facilities or any other courier service give our team at SCS Delivery a call. We have a variety of services to help your business. Give us a call today and let us know how we can help you.